You have no items in your shopping cart.
Liver Largest glandular organ of the body. Weighs about 1.36 kg. It lies on the right side of the abdominal cavity beneath the diaphragm.
Functions of liver:
• Produce substances that break down fats.(Bile)
• Convert glucose to glycogen.
• Produce urea(the main substance of urine),
• Make certain amino acids (the building blocks of Proteins
• Filter harmful substances from the blood (such as alcohol)
• Storage of vitamins (Vit. A ,D ,K and B12 ) and iron
• Maintain a proper level or glucose in the blood.
• Neutralises and destroys drugs and toxins
• Combats infections in the body
Most common symptoms seen because of the disturbance in liver functions are gastro-intestinal symptoms such as - Indigestion, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, pain in abdomen etc.
OMEO LIVER SYRUP
Carduus marianus Ø 5%v/v
Chelidonium majus Ø 2%v/v
Andrographis paniculata Ø 5%v/v
Hydrastis canadensis Ø 2%v/v
Taraxacum officinale Ø 2%v/v
Podophyllum peltatum Ø 2%v/v
Ipecacuanha Ø 2%v/v
Alcohol content 12%v/v
• Loss of Appettite
• Poor digestion
• Persistent Nausea & Vomiting
• Pain in liver region
• Gall stone colic
• Fatty degeneration of the Liver
• Bad effects of excessive alcohol consumption
Action of ingredients:
• Taraxacum officinale- It stimulates the other digestive secretions, acts as a tonic.
• Hydrastis Canadensis-
i. In many cases destroying the appetite for liquor.
ii. Promoting the appetite.
• Podophyllum peltatum- The action of this remedy I believe to be principally upon the pneumogastric nerve, and spinal cord; through this it especially affects the liver, and intestinal canal.
Points to remember
• Hydrastis Canadensis- Imported Herb& act as a nutrient tonic. Destroys the craving for liquor
• Ipecacuanha & Podophyllum- Hepatic Stimulants
• Andrographis paniculata (Kalmegh) – This is a grand oriental herb, very well known as a liver remedy since centuries and is being used as a remedy in all liver ailments.
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.